Thursday, March 26, 2009

To sleep or not to sleep...in your bed!

How do you get your kids to stay in their beds at night? I don't mind having a kid sleep with us every once in awhile, but my daughter is in there every night. For the past few months she has not stayed in her bed the entire night. She goes to sleep fine and then around 12:30-1 she shows up. So any suggestions on how to keep kids in their own beds?? I think this is an issue we all deal with!

7 comments:

Sid and Kelli said...

Oh I have the same problem with Reagan. About 2 every morning she comes in and takes over my spot and I don't sleep at all. One thing I tried was laying a pillow out and a blanket next to my bed on the floor and when she came in told her to sleep there. Sometimes she throws a fit and other times she will come in and go straight to floor and not wake me up at all. We are still experimenting but maybe it will work for you!

weloveadoption said...

What a great idea to have your own mom blog. GO Jaimie! Anyway, I don't know the answer to your question because I have not dealt with that yet. However, I am excited for you to find out so that when this happens at my house I can call you at 1:00 in the morning and ask for the advice. HA HA HA! Good Luck!

Winegar Family said...

I love that you started a "mom" blog. That's awsome! Did you get my church video on creating? If not I'll resend it. It is awsome and totally fitting with the inspiration thing!

The Rigby Bunch said...

A MOM blog! What an awesome idea! I, like you and Kelli and others I'm sure, have the same problem with Braylie. Just about every night around 2 or 3 she comes in to greet me and kick me outta my spot. And she is far from being pleasant to sleep by. I really have no advice whats so ever. We used to have a huge struggle getting her to go to bed. I would theaten to make her sleep out in the chicken coop with the hens, haha! I know, what a mean mom I am! So if you get some good advice please share it with me!

Marcy M Miller said...

Blyss does the same things, my back hurts so bad in the morning from being kick all night. Zak and I have tried several things, taking her back to her bed and sitting next to her bed, we both were to lazy to follow through consistantly. Right now we are putting a nice soft blanket on the floor with a pillow next to our bed and we showed her before she went to bed and let her know if she gets up during the night and comes in, she will sleep here not in mom's bed. It has been working of course she feels pretty sorry for herself and there are some tears, but I just ignore her and don't talk to her.

Anonymous said...

You may have to give up a couple nights of good sleep, you have to be committed no matter what. One thing that works is to take them back to their bed without saying anything. You may have to do that 5 or 15 times. That has worked. Another thing is to earn a sticker for each night staying in bed and 3 earns a prize pick at family dollar or something like that. Then they work for another goal and they learn to stay in bed. Kind of like potty training. WEll good luck. Glad I'm done with that.

johnandjana said...

I just found your Mom blog. I think taking them back to their bed is the best idea.I like Jo mama's ideas. I think that will work. Good Luck!